When it’s done
We surpass our goals, and yours. You’ll get used to it.
Parkwest Medical Center
While the client had made a substantial investment in campus renovation and medical technologies, the yield of new revenue and improved public perception were disappointing. Facing strong competition, including a well-situated university hospital with new gamma knife technologies, the client sought FMB’s assistance on a major brand positioning strategy.
Focus groups suggested that efforts to build brand awareness around innovative medical technologies were insufficient in moving the needle of public opinion. We therefore bucked the conventional trend of hyping technology to blend a message for the head and the heart.
Research revealed people believed hospitals were well-equipped but needed to know they would be listened to and that they and loved ones mattered.
“Treated Well. Well Treated.”
The strategy focused on the human dimension and Parkwest’s commitment to staff training to improve patient and caregiver service. The theme was matched with compelling creative treatments, leading the public to see Parkwest as an advanced medical center where patient care was as important as technical competency.
Independent third-party research confirmed a sea change in perception:
- Parkwest earned a commanding 20% lead as “preferred hospital.”
- 22% of those surveyed classified it with “best” hospital status.
- Posted a 17% increase in top of mind awareness from start of campaign, shifting the preeminence that had belonged to its chief competitor.
- Significantly increased positive perception as a “listening hospital.”
- 86% of patients said they’d recommend Parkwest to family or friends, besting national averages.